Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pod - > Farm*

So the pod is officially at the Farm (the UBC Farm). But all is not well in BSF world- today the maximum temperature inside the Pod was 20.6C, which is far too low; BSF go dormant at 21C. Rylo had the idea of putting high tech insulation on top of the pod to keep the heat in. Also, when we transfer more BSF in to the pod (right now there are only ~ 600 while the pod can hold 100,000) they will generate more heat themselves. I think we should be okay, but we'll have a look tomorrow and see.
After a meeting with Dr. A, it was determined that I will write a ~10 page report about what I have accomplished during Phase 1 of our BSF project, and will include my thoughts, my understanding of BSF, any problems faced (this could probably be 10 pages in itself . .), and what we hope to accomplish in the future with this project.
Expect Pod/Farm photos next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment